We’re on Top (#OhioTakeOver) Featuring Count Bass D [Canton], Trav Dave [Columbus], Rashad [Columbus], Co-City [Columbus], J Osceola [Columbus], LeForTheUncool [Columbus], Stalley [Massilon], Tage [MHz, Columbus], Copywrite [MHz, Columbus], Donwill [Tanya Morgan, Cincinnati], 6S [Akron], Donte [Mood, Cincinnati], Piakhan [Cincinnati], Ilyas [Tanya Morgan, Cincinnati], Main Flo [Mood, Cincinnati], Dominique Larue [Columbus], Hood Apostle [Columbus], ILL Poetic [Dayton], ILLOGIC [Columbus], Iyball [Fly.Union, Columbus], JaySwiffa [Fly.Union, Columbus], Jerreau [Fly.Union, Columbus], P Blackk [Columbus])
J Rawls – We’re On Top (Ohiotakeover) feat. 23 of Ohio’s Finest MC’s
J Rawls in the Studio Mixing the #OHIOTakeOver song
J Rawls and Storm9000 in the studio mixing the new OHIO Anthem – WE’RE ON TOP (#OhioTakeOver) featuring mad cats from OHIO. The Ohio cats on the much anticipated song are listed at the end of the video. This song will be featured on the forthcoming J Rawls album “The Hip-Hop Affect” – Out Now!!!!!!
To celebrate the epic posse cut “We’re On Top (#ohiotakeover)”, J Rawls presents a free mixtape featuring exclusive material from some of Ohio’s best hip-hop talent. “We’re On Top” is now available on iTunes. J Rawls’ new album The Hip Hip Affect coming soon.
J Rawls – #OhioTakeOver The Mixtape
released 27 February 2011
Ohio’s own J Rawls knows a thing or two about Hip-Hop. The famed producer/emcee has been living the culture for as long as he can remember, even before his first productions began circulating in the early 90s. “I remember taking the laces out of my first pair of Shelltoes and my parents looking at me like I was crazy. I remember Hip-Hop being a breath of fresh air,” says Rawls. Later, J Rawls helped launch the independent Hip-Hop explosion of the late 90s by producing “Brown Skin Lady” and “Yo Yeah” from Mos Def and Talib Kweli’s seminal debut album as Black Star. He went on to anchor Lone Catalysts, one of the most acclaimed early independent rap groups, and release an acclaimed solo album, The Essence Of J Rawls, in 2001. Now, more than a decade after his last solo Hip-Hop album, J Rawls is proud to present The Hip-Hop Affect, is out now.
Featuring appearances from Rhymefest, Sadat X, Tanya Morgan, J Sands (of Lone Catalysts), Copywrite, Bad Azz, Edo G, Stalley, Casual, Count Bass D, Wise Intelligent (of Poor Righteous Teachers), El Da Sensei, John Robinson, and more, The Hip-Hop Affect tells the story of how Rawls grew with hip-hop as hip-hop itself continued to grow. Born out of a dialog with his son, THHA explores Rawls’ personal journey from Columbus to Cincinnati to cities all over the world, as well as Hip-Hop’s journey from block parties to MTV to total ubiquity. “We walk, talk, and think Hip-Hop because we are Hip-Hop,” explains Rawls. “We birthed it, created it, and reared it. As with any child, we don’t like every change that we see Hip-Hop make, but we stick with it because we love it.” Read More Here…
The Hip Hop Affect Tracklisting:
1. HHA Intro (ft. Joshy)
2. Best Producer on the Mic (ft. Diamond D, Oh No & Kev Brown)
3. Face It (ft. Sadat X & Wise Intelligent)
4. Jewel (ft. Afaliah)
5. Going Through Records (Interlude)
6. Salute (ft. Piakhan)
7. Just Rhymin’ with Fest (ft. Rhymefest)
8. That Very First Day (ft. Fat Jon )
9. Heeey (ft. El Da Sensei, John Robinson, LeFortheUncool & Afaliah)
10. Who Am I? (ft. S.P.I.R.I.T.)
11. Making a Beat (Interlude)
12. Sandsy (ft. J. Sands [Lone Catalysts])
13. Ya Friends in the Way (ft. Senor Kaos)
14. Are You Listening? (Bad Azz, Copywrite & Edo G)
15. Jussy on the Mic (Interlude)
16. Why You Do
17. Find a New (ft. Casual)
18. Da Beatbox (Interlude)
19. We’re on Top (#OhioTakeOver) (ft. Count Bass D [Canton], Trav Dave [Columbus], Rashad [Columbus], Co-City [Columbus], J Osceola [Columbus], LeForTheUncool [Columbus], Stalley [Massilon], Tage [MHz, Columbus], Copywrite [MHz, Columbus], Donwill [Tanya Morgan, Cincinnati], 6S [Akron], Donte [Mood, Cincinnati], Piakhan [Cincinnati], Ilyas [Tanya Morgan, Cincinnati], Main Flo [Mood, Cincinnati], Dominique Larue [Columbus], Hood Apostle [Columbus], ILL Poetic [Dayton], ILLOGIC [Columbus], Iyball [Fly.Union, Columbus], JaySwiffa [Fly.Union, Columbus], Jerreau [Fly.Union, Columbus], P Blackk [Columbus])
20. The Beat’s Done (Interlude)
21. HHA Outro (Joshy Gets It)
J Rawls (ft. Sadat X & Wise Intelligent) – “Face It” (Official Music Video)
Uploaded by naturesoundsmusic on May 10, 2011
J Rawls unites two legendary hip-hop crews for the first time ever, as Sadat X (Brand Nubian) and Wise Intelligent (Poor Righteous Teachers) drop jewels over Rawls’ production. Taken from J Rawls’ new album “The Hip-Hop Affect,” in stores Now.
Video shot in front of Harlem’s iconic “Allah School in Mecca,” where the Five Percent Nation has been headquartered for the past half-century. Also featuring an appearance from Scienz Of Life’s John Robinson.
“The Hip-Hop Affect” is the first solo hip-hop album from J Rawls in 10 years, and also features appearances from Rhymefest, Diamond D, Edo G, Kev Brown, Oh No, Casual, Copywrite, Count Bass D, Tanya Morgan, Stalley, El Da Sensei, J Sands (of Lone Catalysts), John Robinson, Bad Azz, Fat Jon, and more.
Free Download “Best Producer On The Mic” (ft. Diamond D, Oh No, & Kev Brown): http://naturesounds.bandcamp.com/
To purchase J. Rawl’s The Hip Hop Affect LP ClickHere…