Brooklyn based Elucid opens 2011 with part one of Super Chocolate Black Simian, a two-part mixtape representing hip-hop’s voice of the future present. Over production by Breakage, Lorn, El-P, Jamie Vex’d, Mexicans With Guns, Skream and more, Elucid thrashes out with facemelting lyricism. Heavy warped dub textures complement Elucid’s sonic assault which touch on themes of fear, terror, control and desire in the information age.
The project is mixed and mangled by Concrète Sound System’s Primus Luta, pushing what Gutta refers to as “noise terrorism” to its glorious breaking point.
Super Chocoloate Black Simian Part I is out today.
The full project can be streamed via SoundCloud – 01 Super Chocolate Black Simian MANGLEDMIX Part 1 by E L U C I D
It is available as a free download on the Concrète Sound System website – http://concretesoundsystem.com
The BOOMBAYE directed video for “Together” can be seen here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgTCYZ7REoM
The visual mash-up for “Facemelt!” from part two can be seen here – http://vimeo.com/16913167
01. No Standbys- Produced by 12th Planet
02. Fuck the Dumb – Produced by 12th Planet
03. Together- Produced by Breakage
04. Dream On- Produced by Chasing Shadows
05. Counteract – Produced by Sensei
06. Pain Parade- Produced by Jamie Vex’d
07. MEANR- Produced by El-P
08. Braking For Zombies- Produced by Mexicans with Guns
09. Brainwaver- Produced by Lorn/Samiyam
10. Nigga -Produced by DVA
11. Self Destruct- Produced by Leonard Dstroy
12. Evol Ill – Produced by Skream